Erin Nichols Matkaiti
Disclaimer: Transmission of information to us via voicemail or this website does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client of Mueting Raasch Group, do not send any information that you would have treated confidentially.
Erin is a patent attorney who collaborates with clients to develop and implement strategies to efficiently protect their inventions in both the United States and internationally. From fishing lures to electromagnetic recording equipment, Erin enjoys delving into new technologies to help her clients acquire the protection appropriate for their business needs. Erin knows that inventors and examiners aren't always on the same frequency, and she translates the technology behind her client's applications into persuasive arguments to convert those applications into patents.
- William Mitchell College of Law
- University of Minnesota
- B.ChE., Chemical Engineering
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Minnesota IP Lawyers Association (MIPLA)
- President, 2016-2017
- Board Member, 2013-2018
Publications & Presentations
- Midwest IP Institute
- Faculty Presenter, Sept. 2017
- Prepared and moderated the panel discussion on the current status of Section 101 rejections and practical measures for addressing them.
- Magnetic Recording Systems/Media
- Telecommunications and Networking
- Medical Devices
- Business Methods
- Patent Law